Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Chilling Raj-Neeti

With the rains ruining the plans every single evening, we(that is my family which includes my brother, Mum, dad and me, well my dog April too, but she's not literate enough to understand a movie yet) thought of going for a movie. The only name that could come to our minds was Sarkar-Raj, as none of the other ones had got good reviews except Aamir, but I, for some reason cant stand Rajeev Khandelwal.

I have always been like those wannabe actors from Lokhandwala saying, "I love Ram Gopal Verma for he makes different films"! Not that I ever wanted to work with that director(with punjabi surname but south-indian accent), but his movie, "Bhoot" made me wake up every night for about a week. The last best movie I could ever think of was Sarkar in 2005 from him. But later, I somehow forgot about him. I mean, what can you expect from titles like "RGV ki G*** mein Aag"?


Sarkar had everything, from good actors, to impressive shots(I don't know the technical terms), the background score(Govinda Govinda Govinda Govinda.......... Hehee.. that's my father's name, without an "a"), everything about the movie was top-notch. Sarkar-Raj has all of those things, but with so many surprises, it really turns out to be like one of those partners in the relationship who you love the most only because they keep you on your toes.


Aishwarya Rai, for the first time really surprised me. She looked beautiful, composed, and actually lived her character in the movie. Though, the end was a bit predictable, but wont give any spoilers away.


I'm not a very big fan of Abhishek Bachchan, but I loved him in this movie. Some of the scenes were really touching, and unbelievable. And well, you cant say much about Big B, he really is the best actor of our desi industry, no waist coat clad, frequently sighing actor can take his place.


During the end of the movie, I found myself shivering from seeing the developments happening on-screen. RGV has really delivered this time and I have no qualms spending Rs. 175 over such an amazingly made movie. Maybe he has realised now that Nisha Kothari cant make him big bucks, how ever she may wear clothes(or not)!

I shall recommend every person who liked Sarkar to go for Sarkar-Raj, I'm sure one would find chills running down his spine while watching the movie.

No comments: